Strathfield Thai Massage
Good blood circulation is essential for good health. We need this circulation to supply oxygen and nutrients to our vital organ and extremities. Without this our health is compromised, and we suffer anything from tiredness, hair loss and headaches to serious heart and kidney problems.
Our blood pressure tends to become more of an issue as we age.
Staying healthy with exercise, stretching, meditation, and a healthy diet all help our circulation.
We can help our circulation by:
- Cut smoking – this is bad at so many levels. This hardens arteries and causes plaque buildup.
- Deep breathing. This is the easiest thing in the world for a reasonably healthy person. Slow, deep steady breathing.
- Sleeping well. If we have restless legs we have compromised circulation. Use a hot water bottle on the legs. Rub them with damp soap before bed. Elevate you legs slightly with a towel under the mattress.
- Drink plenty of water. If we are dehydrated the blood becomes thick, and circulation is compromised.
- Keep caffeine to a minimum. One cup of coffee may give us a boost and help blood pressure, but more than two cup and blood pressure starts to climb.
- Keep alcohol to a minimum. One glass of red wine is healthy, but more than this starts to raise blood pressure.
- Green tea is good for the blood vessels, and benefits circulation.
- Reduce salt and Sodium as much as possible. This means avoiding most processed food.
- Eat plenty of foods with potassium, including leafy green vegetables, broccoli, avocados, sweet potatoes, tomatoes paste, cocoa powder, bananas, most fruit and nuts.
- Ginger stimulates blood flow by thinning blood.
- Garlic helps clean out the blood and veins, improving circulation.
- Cayenne Pepper helps blood flow.
Thai Massage Strathfield
Massage will help reduce inflammation and stress as it increases blood flow. Many individuals enjoy massage simply because it feels good, but the health benefits are considerable, and help us feel good in the long term.